Miyazaki Sangyo Kaiun Co., Ltd

Company History

February
1923
The founder the late Noboru Miyazaki established the company as a private enterprise. He began the mining business of the lime stone and magnesia lime stone produced from here, Tsukumi. These products were sold to Nippon Steel, etc.
July
1934
Built No.1 Miyajima Maru and a No.2 Miyajima Maru (Moter sailing boat) for the beginning of both the shipping business and the sales of the lime stone destined to Nippon Steal and ironworks of Kansai area.
February
1940
Private enterprise was changed to the incorporated company, and the company's name was changed to Miyazaki Sangyo Co., Ltd. in the capital 195,000 yen as a start.
October
1951
Opened Company's Branch offices at both Wakamatsu and Yawata for the purpose of enhancement of a business around Kita-Kyushu area.
December
1951
Purchased Five steamships from Hoei Kisen Co., and also started the operation of steel ships for the transportation of such as lime stone, steel material and coal.
March
1957
Built a steel ship Miyateru Maru (850 DWT) in March 1957,  Miyatatsu Maru (3,240 DWT) in 1959 and Miyakiri Maru (2,850 DWT) in 1961. Miyamatsu Maru (1,797 DWT), Miyahime Maru (2,121 DWT), Miyasakura Maru (950DWT) were built in response to the shipper's request after that in every other year. The base of the domestic transportation was built up by these above.
February
1965
Changed Company's name to Miyazaki Sangyo Kaiun Co., Ltd.
June
1966
Built Miyasan Maru (3,236 DWT) (co-owner ship with Corporation for Advanced Transport & Technology) for the transportation of coal, grain, general cargo, etc. in the Chinese line. This enabled the company to advance into ocean going buisiness.
March
1967
Built Miyatoyo Maru (6,420 DWT, log carrier) for the service of import of Logs fromIndonesia , Malaysia and other Southeast Asia area chartered by Tokyo Senpaku Kaisha Ltd. The company goes into the Owner of the Ocean Going Vessel with this vessel as a start.
April
1968
Increased the capital in 150,000,000 Japanese yen.
May
1970
Built Miyatsuru Maru (9,219 DWT) for the liner service between the Southeast Asia andIndia / Pakistan chartered by Nippon Yusen Kaisha.
September 1971 Oita office was newly opened for the purpose of enhancement of the service toward the customer of Oita area (mainly Oita Iron Works of Nippon Steel Corp.).
October
1971
Built Menado Maru (6,031 DWT) in October, 1971 and Maruku Maru (6,541 DWT) in March, 1972 for Indonesian liner service by Tokyo Senpaku Kaisha, Ltd.
February
1974
Purchased Doei Maru (3,285 DWT), a co-owner ship with Corporation for Advanced Transport & Technology.
March
1976
Miyahata Maru (Limestone carrier, 6,574 DWT) which equipped with self-unloader system (the most advanced system in those days) was built. This vessel was assigned to shuttle service line to Yawata Iron Works of Nippon Steel Corp. The company made efforts to rationalize the ships and make an company's achievement improved due to this new building.
October
1976
Wakamatsu branch and Yawata branch were combined together, and openedKitakyushu office at Tobata-Ku.
February
1979

Purchased Pandjang Maru (8,574 DWT) , and time chartered by Tokyo Senpaku Kaisha Ltd. to be assigned to Indonesian line.

September
1979
Doei Maru was remodeled into a self-unloader ship as a lime stone carrier, and renamed to Miyakiri Maru for the service of Asahi Grass Co., Ltd. of Makiyama (Kitakyushu ).
July
1980
A roll on - roll off ship Hokuto (4,636 DWT) was built and assigned to liner service between Osaka and Tomakomai ( Hokkaido ).
November
1981
Miyayuki Maru (2,050 DWT) was built and assigned to service as a transportation ship of lime stone and coal.
December
1981
Miyatoyo (6,487 DWT) was built and time chartered by Tokyo Senpaku Kaisha Ltd. This ship was assigned to service of the Indonesian line as the near sea trading ship.
January
1982
Bare Boat Chartered BLUE MARS (10,230 DWT, cargo ship) from Tokyo Senpaku Kaisha Ltd. This ship was time chartered back by Tokyo Senpaku Kaisha, and inaugurated on service between Southeast Asia and Australia .
April
1986
Opened Tokyo office for the purpose of expansion and improvement of business and service for the customer.
August
1987
Purchased Tanabe Kisen Kabushiki Kaisha in Saiki City as our subsidiary company.
Time chartered No.1 Takachiho Maru (1,154 DWT) for transportation of lime stone.
February
1988
Built Miyatama Maru (1,600 DWT) (co-owner ship with Corporation for Advanced Transport & Technology) for the transportation of lime stone between the line of Senzaki, Makiyama ( Kitakyushu ) , etc.
September
1988
Purchased No.23 Niihama Maru (1,574 DWT) for the transportation of cokes and lime stone.
April
1989
Purchased Daito Maru (598 DWT) and renamed Ohmiya Maru, which was assigned for the transportation of the container line between Kanto and Kansai.
February
1991
Built Miyaseto Maru (2,034 DWT) for the purpose of the transportation of raw material of steel for Nippon Steel Corp. This ship was assigned to service line of Inland Sea area especially between Oita Ironworks and Hirohata Ironworks of Nippon Steel Corp.
December
1991
Hosho Maru (PCC, 4,935 DWT) was built, and assigned to transportation service of vehicle.
January
1996
Miyahata Maru (Jr., limestone carrier, 5,120 DWT) which equipped with self-unloader system was built, and assigned to shuttle service line to Yawata Iron Works of Nippon Steel Corp.
February
1997
Hokuto (Jr., RO-RO, 9,050 DWT) was built, and assigned to liner service between Osaka and Tomakomai (Hokkaido).
December
2002
Our subsidiary Company, Tanabe Kisen KK started Bare Boat Charter "Sinpo Maru” from Toyofuji Shipping Co., Ltd., and this vessel has been time-chartered by the same company.
December
2003
Procured DOC (Document of Compliance) issued Class NK regarding Domestic Vessel not to be applied SOLAS (Optional ISM Code)
March
2005
Placed 1st Private Placement Note (JP¥100 Million Yen) under the Oita Bank, Ltd,’s warranty without any surety bond.
March
2006
Placed 2nd Private Placement Note (JP¥ 100 Million Yen) under the Shoko Cyukin Bank, Ltd,’s warranty without any surety bond.
September
2006
Hosho Maru (Jr., CGC, 5,490 DWT) was built, and assigned to transportation service of vehicles and parts.
March
2010
Company's 70th anniversary ceremony was held at Tsukumi Public Hall.
December
2011
Shozo Miyazaki was installed as Chairman, and Shochiro Miyazaki was installed as President and CEO.
December
2011
Company's 70th anniversary booklet "70 years history by photograph" was published.
April
2013
Integrated subsidiary companies "Toho Kisen Kabushiki Kaisha" and "Tanabe Kisen Kabushiki Kaisha", and established "Sansho Senpaku Kabushiki Kaisha".
September
2015
Hokuto (3rd, RO-RO, 6,300 DWT) was built, and assigned to liner service between Tsuruga (Fukui) and Tomakomai (Hokkaido).
August
2016
Company's stocks were marged into 10 stocks as 7 stocks.
September
2016
Company's capital was reestablished to JPY 87,500,000.